User Privacy Statement
Last modified: March 9, 2019
Instantgo collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Services and the choices you have associated with that data.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a Users device.
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
Data Incident means a breach of Instantgo’s security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, Personal Data on systems managed by or otherwise controlled by Instantgo. “Data Incidents” will not include unsuccessful attempts or activities that do not compromise the security of Personal Data, including unsuccessful log-in attempts, pings, port scans, denial of service attacks, and other network attacks on firewalls or networked systems.
GDPR means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
Help Desk means all the help and support articles and documents made available on the Help website of Instantgo.
Instantgo means Instantgo, Inc. (alternatively the "Company")
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Security Documentation means all the available documentation available in the Security section of the Help Desk.
Instantgo mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services offered by Instantgo, Inc as defined in the Terms & Conditions.
Term means the period from the Terms Effective Date until the end of Instantgo’s provision of the Services, including, if applicable, any period during which provision of the Services may be suspended and any post-termination period during which Instantgo may continue providing the Services for transitional purposes.
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
The Users is the individual using our Services. The Users corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Terms Effective Date
Scope and Application
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request Services, interact with other Users, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment methods, bank accounts, services requested, delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services, we may collect your precise location data. If you permit the Instantgo app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this may limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Contacts Information: If you permit the Instantgo app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and/or store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, time spent, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code if any, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data : Our Services facilitate communications between Users. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, emails and the content of messages between parties.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
- Phone Number & Email: When you register with the Services, we collect the phone number you used at the time of registration to authenticate your device add account.
- Address Information: For some parts of the Services, we may need to collect your address and ZIP code information.
- Payment Methods and Bank Information: When you use the Services, we may need to collect your payment methods or bank information in order for you to pay for Services or get paid for the Services you provide.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations to comply with specific regulations and legislations.
Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Instantgo app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Instantgo app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Instantgo account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If your employer uses one of our Services, we may receive information about you from your employer.
- When you request Services, users may provide us with a Users rating after providing/requesting services to/from you.
- If you also interact with our Services in any other capacity, for instance as an Users of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a Users.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide Services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users, develop safety features, authenticate Users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and an Users, such as current costs per minute, per message, per services, per media or (ii) between you and a contact of yours in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Instantgo and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With other Users to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, photo (if you provide one), average Users rating, job profession, bio, location, certifications, employer;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by us or your employer (e.g., an expense management service provider), if you participate in any of our enterprise solutions such as Instantgo for Business.
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With Instantgo subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Users agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Instantgo or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Instantgo, Inc. will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
We do not store any login informartion regarding your PayPal account, Cash.app or any other external payment account(s). We may store your PayPal.me, Cash.app or any other payment platform(s) that offers a link to your profile feature so you can easily share it with others to get paid.
The payment processors we may use as part of Instantgo are:
Some payments processor options might not be available on all platforms or versions of Instantgo. Payment options might be added or removed from future versions.
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please please delete your account directly from the app or email us at email@example.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms & Conditions, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you in a manner consistent with the functionality of the Services.
Instantgo will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Instantgo. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it in a manner that is consistent and technically possible with the functionality and infrastructure of the Services.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting at this time but this might change based on future update of the Android platform.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Instantgo does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
Cookies and Advertising
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies.We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Please refer to our Cookie Statement for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Security Measures, Controls and Assistance
Instantgo will implement and maintain technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. The Security Measures include measures to encrypt personal data; to help ensure ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of Instantgo’s systems and services; to help restore timely access to personal data following an incident; and for regular testing of effectiveness. Instantgo may update or modify the Security Measures from time to time provided that such updates and modifications do not result in the degradation of the overall security of the Services.
Security Compliance by Instantgo Staff
Instantgo will take appropriate steps to ensure compliance with the Security Measures by its employees, contractors and Service Providers to the extent applicable to their scope of performance.
Additional Security Controls
In addition to the Security Measures, Instantgo will make the Additional Security Controls available to: (a) allow Users to take steps to secure Customer Personal Data; and (b) provide Customer with information about securing, accessing and using Personal Data.
Users agrees that Instantgo will (taking into account the nature of the processing of Personal Data and the information available to Instantgo) assist Users in ensuring compliance with any of Users’s obligations in respect of security of personal data and personal data breaches, including if applicable Users’s obligations pursuant to Articles 32 to 34 (inclusive) of the GDPR, by:
(a) implementing and maintaining the Security Measures;
(b) making the Additional Security Controls available to Users in accordance with the Security Of Data section (Additional Security Controls);
(c) complying with the terms of Data Incidents
If Instantgo becomes aware of a Data Incident, Instantgo will: (a) notify Users of the Data Incident promptly and without undue delay after becoming aware of the Data Incident; and (b) promptly take reasonable steps to minimize harm and secure Personal Data.
Notifications made pursuant to this section will describe, to the extent possible, details of the Data Incident, including steps taken to mitigate the potential risks and steps Instantgo recommends Users take to address the Data Incident.
Notification(s) of any Data Incident(s) will be delivered to the Users email address or, at Instantgo’s discretion, by direct communication (for example, by phone call or an in-person meeting). Users is solely responsible for ensuring that the email address is current and valid.
Instantgo will not assess the contents of Personal Data to identify information subject to any specific legal requirements. Users is solely responsible for complying with incident notification laws applicable to Users and fulfilling any third party notification obligations related to any Data Incident(s).
Instantgo’s notification of or response to a Data Incident under this section Data Incidents will not be construed as an acknowledgement by Instantgo of any fault or liability with respect to the Data Incident.
Users Security Responsibilities and Assessment
Users agrees that, without prejudice to Instantgo’s obligations under the section Security Measures, Controls and Assistance and Data Incidents:
(a) Users is solely responsible for its use of the Services, including:
(i) making appropriate use of the Services and the Additional Security Controls to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk in respect of the Personal Data;
(ii) securing the account authentication credentials, systems and devices Users uses to access the Services;
(iii) backing up its Personal Data; and
(b) Instantgo has no obligation to protect Personal Data that Users elects to store or transfer outside of Instantgo’s and its Service Providers systems (for example, offline or on-premise storage), or to protect Personal Data by implementing or maintaining Additional Security Controls except to the extent Users has opted to use them.
Users Security Assessment
Users is solely responsible for reviewing the Security Documentation and evaluating for itself whether the Services, the Security Measures, the Additional Security Controls and Instantgo’s commitments under the section Security Of Data will meet Users needs, including with respect to any security obligations of Users under their current data protection jurisdiction.
Users acknowledges and agrees that (taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing of Personal Data as well as the risks to individuals) the Security Measures implemented and maintained by Instantgo as set out in section Security Of Data) provide a level of security appropriate to the risk in respect of the Personal Data.
"Do Not Track" Signals
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Changes to URLs
From time to time, Instantgo may change any URL referenced in these Terms and the content at any such URL.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Instantgo Inc., Attn: Legal, 5620 West Washington Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016.